Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aqui estoy ... dibujando

So apparently, I know how to draw. At least according to the kids at Deporte y Vida. “La profesora sabe dibujar.” I find this amusing because if you asked me, I’d say I can’t draw. I can copy a picture somewhat proficiently, but drawing something out of my head, not going to happen. Nonetheless, yesterday I drew (mostly copied) a penguin, a turkey, a manatee, various dancers, some food and 2 ceremonies. (What are they supposed to learn by copying a picture and a sentence? I don’t know, but that’s another soap box I won’t get on)

And then they brought over the posterboard, (not intimidating at all) and asked for a scene of “Educacion inicial.” And when the mom of another girl saw me with that one, she brought over her daughter’s as well. Which is how I ended up drawing 2 posters and a smaller one of teachers and children and their toys and cake. (I really wish I had had my camera to take a picture) I’m pretty sure the mom could have drawn equally well or better. I have no idea why they wanted me to do it but I didn’t feel like arguing anymore and I don’t think I inhibited any learning by doing it for them. (I just wish I could see the profesora’s face when three kids walk in with drawings that have remarkably similar disproportionate people)

And, since I am apparently now the resident “profesora que sabe dibujar,” I figured I’d better practice. Thus I present to you this masterpiece of drawing-by-squares. (Just don’t look at their poor misshapen hands)

Hasta la proxima

No comments:

Post a Comment