Monday, May 30, 2011

Aqui estoy ... con debate

Last night was the last presidential debate before the second round elections next Sunday. Ollanta Humala and Keiko Fujimori are the remaining candidates, by the way. Neither was really the definitive winner last night, at least not according to me. The city of Lima and the whole country are very divided. The next week and the next 5 years will be very interesting for Peru. Both candidates have the potential to be great and the potential to be awful. I hope it's the former, whomever is chosen, because I have come to love Peru and want the best for it!

(Less seriously...) Humala got the you're-in-trouble face from me last night when his supporters went marching down the street blowing their horns and shouting after the debate. Really now? Past 11pm?

Any who wake a sleeping child in my care earn my eternal wrath.
(Doesn't that sound poetic?... I'm only half kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment