Monday, May 9, 2011

Aqui estoy ... meh

Because not everything is Peru is fun times and penguins.
(If you don't feel like hearing me complain for a few minutes you should stop reading now. But I figured it's only fair to post all parts of life, even the not-awesome ones)

Things which are decidedly not awesome:
- Getting stabbed in the foot by high-heeled lady on the micro. Pain is always a nice way to start a cloudy Monday morning, right?
- Only being allowed to take out library books for 4 days at a time and not being able to renew them. I took out the same book for the fifth time today. How is this helping anyone?
- People walking so slowly they might as well stop moving altogether
- Professors who assign something and then don't read it. (And then discuss the topic in class, repeating themselves several times and asking if we get it. Gee, if you'd read our work, you might know that)
- Missing people at home
- Eating the same thing for the fourth meal in a row. (Leftovers are awesome. Leftovers of leftovers of leftovers are not)
- Being frustrated with myself for being cross and frustrated with the world

Anyway, now that I've gotten that out, I'll say I really do like Peru. I'm glad I'm here. But that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated. But tomorrow will be better.
Time to listen to music, sleep and look for little happy things tomorrow.

Hasta la proxima

No comments:

Post a Comment