Saturday, February 19, 2011

Aquí estoy … con calendario

So, I got an email from Relaciones Internacionales (Hopefully you guessed that that is International Relations) with a semester calendar. It lists when registration is and when classes start, etc… Useful things to know. It also lists a couple public holidays, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then, to my surprise, June 29th. This is amusing and surprising to me because that happens to be my birthday. Obviously, in the US, school ends in mid-June so I’ve never gone to school on my birthday. I thought this semester in Peru would be my first time. (Maybe I’d bring in cupcakes like I never got to in elementary school as a summer birthday kid. Am I still bitter? Maybe.[not really])

Anyway, as it turns out, it’s a holiday, so I shall retain my record of school-free brithdays. Which I count as a win. According to the ever-useful Google, it’s St. Peter and St. Paul’s day. I don’t know what that means exactly, but I shall endeavor to find out in June. It does add another layer of amusement though because when at school the church I attend is Iglesia San Pedro – St. Peters.

My birthday is a Peruvian holiday for the same guy my church is named after. Win. All that to say that I like Peru just a little more already J

Hasta la próxima.

No comments:

Post a Comment