Sunday, February 27, 2011

Aquí estoy … con primeras

So, the last few days have been full of firsts for me:

- Flying alone

- Going to Peru (anywhere out of North America)

- Going through airport customs and immigration

- Trying Pisco Sour

- Spilling my Pisco Sour

- Having a pay as you go phone

- Recargando my phone at the store

- Seeing deer on a university campus

- Trying tuna (a fruit, not the fish. I love the fish, but that’s atún in Spanish. Tuna the fruit is a prickly pear type of thing. Not my new favorite but pretty good)

- Earthquake tremor (Very small one. No worries. It felt like a train going by)

- First micro ride

- Successfully asking for separate checks at dinner in Spanish (This was actually more successful than some times I have asked in English)

- Churros

- Meeting my host mom, Kitty J

Hasta la próxima (que será pronto)

No comments:

Post a Comment