Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aquí estoy … con enfermedad

Well, congratulations to me, I am the first in my program this semester to get sick, which incidentally, is why I haven’t posted in a few days. Let’s just say that I am now very well acquainted with my bathroom and will not be trying any more empanadas from la Católica. But no worries, I am feeling much, much better today. I went back to class and on the Mirabus tour with the program afterward (aka giant red bus full of tourists which hopefully I got a few decent pictures from). Truly though, my host mom and program director were great and wanted to do anything they could to help me feel better. I felt well taken care of.

Benefits: my immune system is now one notch higher

New words gained: suero (at least I think that’s how it’s spelled) It’s an electrolyte drink meant to replace lost nutrients but it’s nasty. I have deemed it strawberry motor oil.

Hasta la próxima

No comments:

Post a Comment