Saturday, March 12, 2011

Aqui estoy ... yendo de compras

So, today I went shopping. Not normal clothes-browsing shopping. Actually, I went refrigerator shopping with my host mom. Ours conked out earlier this week so off we went. It was really fun to spend time with her and to listen to her conversations with the salespeople and see how much I could understand. Our fridge should arrive on Monday but we can't plug it in right away, says the sales guy. I actually understood him pretty well.

I also bought a reading lamp for my bed. I have a loft bed here so my lazy self does not want to have to climb down the ladder to turn the light off after I've been reading in bed and just want to sleep. :D In my defense, the ladder likes to scooch the rug just enough to freak me out and think I'm going to fall.

My big purchase today was airline tickets. I will be joining some other people in my program in going to Arequipa for a weekend in April. They've already done basically all the planning but this was still a big thing for me. I've never bought my own airplane tickets, much less at a travel office speaking Spanish! It should be a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment