Monday, March 21, 2011

Aqui estoy ... matriculada!

I'm officially matriculated! Hurray! And I got into all the classes I wanted. To do this I had to get up really early and do a lot of waiting, but it was successful.

To explain, at PUCP, extranjeros have the first week of classes to try out various courses and professors to see which we want to take, then we matriculate the next Monday. It's on a first-come, first-served basis so each year students have been coming earlier and earlier in an effort to beat the rest. I arrived at 6:15 to be number 17. By 6:30 there were at least double that many people. They were over 100 before 8. We then proceeded to wait until 9 when they began the actual registration. Always a fun way to spend the morning, eh?

I am officially registered for:
Etnografia Amazonica (Amazonian Ethnography)
Historia del Arte (History of Art)
Historia del Peru: formacion hasta el siglo XVIII (History of Peru before the 18th century)
Realidad Social Peruana (Peruvian Social Reality)

I think they'll all be good classes. And now I have lots (LOTS) of reading to do for them.
Hasta la proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment