Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Aqui estoy ... con arte y IKB

In Historia del Arte we have finally made it to siglo XX, the twentieth century.
(Which means, by the way, that we've covered over 500 years of history just since the midterm)

It also means modern art.
Now I usually try to keep an open mind on these things. Art can be lots of things and it doesn't have to be pretty. I like some and I don't like some, but never have I been quite so bewildered as by the one we saw today:

Yves Klein
He patented his own color.
International Klein Blue

Seriously.
How can you patent a color? What form do you even fill out for that?
And then he paints things all blue. Just blue. Straight up, plain blue.
Apparently some of them have texture, but still, just plain blue.
I mean, I love blue, it's my favorite color. But that's a lot of blue there.

I think I might have to stick with Jackson Pollack on this one.
We looked at Dali too.
But this variation seems appropriate for Peru
(Even it was originally titled Salvador Dali Llama. Whatever)
Can you believe tomorrow is my last day of class?
Me neither.

Hasta la proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment